1. Which insect is the controversial aphrodisiac “Spanish Fly” made from?
Answer: From the dried bodies of the Blister Beetle
2. During nuclear testing in the Sahara desert, what type of animal was able to withstand the most radiation?
3. What kind of fish is able to live safely amongst the venomous stinging tentacles of the Sea Anemones?
Answer: The Clown Fish
4. What kind of fish found commonly in the waters near Japan is considered a delicacy, but also has the most toxic non-protein substance found in nature?
Answer: The Puffer fish
5. What insect is responsible for more deaths worldwide than any other?
6. Name one of three countries that have no native snakes
Answer: New Zealand, Iceland & Ireland
7. Name one of the two known venomous lizards in the world.
Answer: Gila Monster or Mexican Bearded Lizard
8. Which type of butterfly concentrates toxic compounds from the Milkweed plant, which makes them a distasteful experience for predators?
Answer: The Monarch
9. According to many medical experts, what is the most effective thing to carry in your pocket in the event of a rattlesnake bite?
Answer: Car keys to get to the nearest medical facility as almost all bites occur within 30 minutes of medical help
10. Which venomous animal has the slowest metabolism of any invertebrate?
Answer: The scorpion
11. What is the largest living thing visible from space?
Answer: The Australian Great Barrier Reef
12. Why did 249 Boa Constrictors die from a Cocaine overdose in June of 1993
Answer: They were being used as “body packers” to smuggle cocaine into the US
13. What part of the human body is most commonly bitten by insects?
Answer: The foot
14. What “grumpy little snake” is the smallest species of rattlesnake in the US?
Answer: The Pygmy Rattlesnake
15. In 1999, the US Supreme Court ruled that a poisonous snake could be considered a “deadly weapon” after a man threatened 2 police officers with his Rhinoceros Viper. What state did this occur in?
16. How many legs does a scorpion have?
17. Of the following insects, which injects the most venom into a wound: wasp, hornet, yellow-jacket, or honey bee?
Answer: The Hornet
18. Name one of the two species of venomous snakes native to Minnesota?
Answer: The Timber rattler or the Massasauga
19. What native Hawaiian dish is prepared from the oxalate containing Taro plant?