1. In the 1830’s, Dr Miles patented a medicine called “Compound Extract of Tomato”. It’s not very toxic and is still around today, but not as a medicine. What is its generic name?
2. In 1930, a new lithium containing drink called “Bib-label lithiated Lemon-lime soda”, was introduced to relieve the depressive effects of a hangover. It is still on the market today minus the lithium. What is the name of this drink?
3. When food spoils, there is always the possibility of food poisoning. But there is one food that never spoils. What food has been removed in an edible state from ancient Egyptian Tombs?
4. If your Roman host offered you the use of a “Pinna” after a very large meal, for what purpose is it to be used?
5. What kind of venomous snake did the US Army name a helicopter after?
6. On February 20, 1995, a cult was responsible for the release of Sarin gas in a Japanese subway. What city did this occur in?
7. On April 2, 1979, name the biological weapon that was accidentally released from a military facility in Sverdlovsk, Russia?
8. During medieval times, what delivery method was used to attempt early biological warfare?
9. What United States Company was sued by the government of India after the poisoning of thousands of people in 1984?
10. In the summer of 1992, a train car carrying Benzene spilled into the Nemadji River causing a toxic cloud to form, which forced 50,000 residents to flee their homes. What is the name of the unfortunate Minnesota city where this disaster occurred?
11. In 1982, some capsules of Tylenol were tampered with resulting in the death of 7 people in Chicago, Illinois. What toxic substance was added to the capsules in this deadly incident?
12. In 1994, there was a recall of Salmonella enteriditis contaminated ice cream products from a manufacturer located in Marshal, Minnesota. What is the name of this popular home delivered ice cream?
13. In 1604, James I of England wrote the following about a certain commonly used substance: “A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and the black stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the pit that is bottomless.” About what substance is he writing?